Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The qualities or reality

After reading both the anthology and "The 7 habits of highly effective people" by Covey I realized so many things that I never got a brief answer for or that I always had a question that I could not rephrase and ask someone the same thing as how the readings did. It totally changed my way of thinking and looking at life and beyond such as for academics and reality."We" as humans play a major role in our lives to society but most of all to ourselves. We hold the power and the strength within our intelligences and capabilities of our nature."Knowledge, skill and desire are all in our control.(Covey 92) For example, you have the key to your heart and can make decisions on your own by choice like when Covey said, "Borrowing strength builds weakness itself in others and in relationships." (Anthology 207) You cant let anyone take control of your life and if something makes you react in such way you have to be able to learn how to respond back in such way or either by looking what you did wrong."Between stimulus and response man has the freedom to choose." (Covey 70) The main point is the play of sociological imagination that we have but yet to find between ourselves and use the imagination we obtain but once again the key is choice. The four major parts that we have and are valuable to our role as individuals is by mind, heart, spirit and body. As individuals in earth we can accomplish any goals in life if we set our mind to it and that is when your power animal can come in hand also if you need that stronghold, endurance, and guidance to find yourself.



  "Self awareness enables us to stand apart and examine even the way we "see" ourselves--self paradigm." (Covey 67)








Now that I see my surroundings differently analyzing and inventing my own personal statement trying to figure out what should I do to accomplish my goals. I can really see myself already making improvements that I know will make a change in my life but it "takes initiative to create the P/PC Balance of Effectiveness" (Covey 76) in my life to set a real deal. But for now I am trying to find and help myself identify my short-term goals and long-term goals by looking what can be done first to accomplish them goals. I am glad I took this course because in such little time I am able to say that I can truly put my values and purposes to play with the guidance of all the readings and knowing my power animal and of course Mr.Bump to help us around. Being here in Austin has been a great experience because now I can always look back and see all the differences I have made and learned through knowledge and putting my spirit, heart, mind, and body. I know I am growing day by day but along with that my creativity and analysis are also in play just like my brain might be doing so right now using the left and right side uniting together putting all my emotions and knowledge I have in mind all in one blogg that I would like to share. But to accomplish some of the things I want as for right now I have to start setting promises to myself and keeping them. "The key to growth is to learn to make promises and to keep them." (Anthology 192)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment